Thursday, November 10, 2011

No sleep for mama...

This is going to be a long ass night. I got Ebin into the doctor today who (in spite of me telling him that a cold is never just a cold for this kid) sent him home with the herbal tea and honey prescription. It seems to be working out very well, I have just cleaned up night 2 of barf, the only sound that can be heard throughout the house is Ebin's old man cough, and I will be awake for the whole night in the living room watching sappy movies and hoping that Ebin will stop long enough for the 2 of us to at least catch a nap. Of course if the stupid ass doctor would have just listened to me instead of blowing me off like I couldn't possibly know how my son's immune system works, we might both be sleeping right now, instead of me having the sound of a barking seal resonating through my house. I am so painfully tired, and stressed and at my wits end and all I can do is muster all of the patience I have to try to keep this poor kid comfortable. And I fear that John or I will get sick, then we're all screwed. I have an interview at Hastings tomorrow, and I need to get some sleep, or it is going to turn into a big slobbery mess. I must sleep, I must sleep, I must.... nope. He's going to miss day number 3 of school, which means makeup work for days. Uuuugh, I wish there was a bright side, but at the moment all I can think about is it being 1:05 am, and knowing that I have kids to worry about in just a couple hours.
Also I promised myself that I would go back on my diet tomorrow, work out, all that good stuff. I wonder how many hours of sleep it takes to care about whether or not I'm fat. John has been really supportive, we managed to reverse diet roles, he's doing amazing and I'm doing nothing, it's silly. It just seems like everytime I start to get myself back in order there is some kind of roadblock. And my coping skills have been shit the last couple months. So guess who Jamie's new best friend is again.... food. Stupid stupid wonderful food. But I will talk about all of that tomorrow. For now I'm going to lay down on the couch and get some sleep. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment