Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sigh....

As I write this I'm listening to Ebin cough his poor little head off. There is no good way to stop it, we've done breathing treatments, but the poor kid's lungs are just hashed. The other 2 boys are sick too, but I have the comfort of knowing that it will most likely move on in a day or 2. With Ebin it's weeks, and that's if I'm lucky. I hate being so powerless in cases like this. I expect it, but there is never a good solution, so off to the doc we go tomorrow, in hopes that the first round of antibiotics will work. I would trade him if I could. It sucks being sick, but I would take being sick over hearing my baby cough so hard with no immediate resolutions. Night's of sleep lost and days of school and activities missed, and this poor little guy losing weight that he can't afford to lose. It is just not fair I tell you! We should have a magical feel better fairy. Put your cold under your pillow and wake up feeling well and heck maybe get a couple bucks out of the deal. Hey maybe that's the business I should start up. Break into peoples houses and steal kids yuckies. Something to think about.
I'm supposed to think about things that I would like to do when I grow up. Boy that is a really big question for me, I've been in the people pleasing business for so long that I guess all of the things that I may have wanted out of life have gone by the wayside. (including my weightloss... I'm really pissed at myself over that) But I have spent some time thinking about this today, and there are so many people that do the whole self help thing that it made me think that maybe I should start whoring myself out to companies to teach customer service skills. I'm like a customer service superstar. I've had people ask specifically to work with me in places that are corporate, and don't generally allow for customers to remember people by name, even though they wear nametags! I'm a born people pleaser, which my therapist has said can be a huge problem (like I haven't noticed) but John was there to hear it too, and he has again surprised me by just doing some of those little things that I felt obligated to do, by himself. But what if one of my greatest weaknesses is one of my greatest talents, and I should utilize that. I have a feeling I could really help, especially with the younger set of kids who's daddy made them get a job. They have the personality skills of a guy who just got busted eating a raw cow in front of PETA. (I use this reference because I would totally do it... but cooked) I think that using my strong suit to make more than 8 dollars an hour would be smart. I just need to figure out how to do it. I love to talk, I love to write, and yet there is is big fat blinding wall stopping me from doing just what I know could be my big fat cash cow! My goal for this week.... find a way to make the first step.
I know this is off the subject, but while I'm writing, Tiff, I hope it all went well, you have worked so hard and you totally deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment