Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 18: Damn you Jamie...

I have the most amazing husband. He works his ass off to make sure that we are all taken care of and happy. He's smart, funny, and really just an all around fantastic person, and I couldn't be luckier to have found him. He does so much for us that it's unreal, and when he asks me to do something I try to make sure that it gets done, because I want him to be as happy as me, he really deserves it. We had a conversation this week when he found out that Elton John was coming to town, he asked me to get tickets for us to go. I thought he was joking! Keep in mind I am really set in my ways when it comes to music, and that is NOT what I gravitate towards, even a little bit! Now don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't have respect for the guy, but his music really isn't my cup of tea. John really wanted to go, and he wanted to take me, so I agreed that I would get on the internet right at 10 am so that we could get seats, because the truth of the matter is, being with John is one of my very favorite things, and I really don't care where it is. So off to the metra website I went, at exactly 10, and I was put into a virtual waiting room, it refreshed every 30 seconds, and I waited, and I waited and I waited... I waited for an hour and a half, then I had no choice but to leave because boyscouts had their pinewood derby races today, and I couldn't miss Ebin's race, he worked very hard on that car! So I decided to call, couldn't get through, and I tried the website on my phone. I got in, HOORAY!!!! So I started at the top of the price list, trying to get 2 tickets, sold out, but I wasn't surprised. I tried the next one, sold out... I tried the next 3 and I couldn't get two seats together. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? I just spent 2 hours all together trying to get seats to do the one thing that John has ever really wanted to do with me, and I can't even sit with him??? For 80 bucks a seat no less!!!! So you know what I did??? I said Eff Elton John right in the A!!!!! I'd rather sit on the couch and listen to "Goodbye Yellowbrick Road" and snuggle with him, but at the same time I feel terrible. I just don't see the sense in spending that kind of money for the tickets to go on a date with the most wonderful man in the world, and not even be able to enjoy it with him. I couldn't see his face when he heard "Tiny Dancer" and that is what I was looking forward to. I'm so disappointed in myself, I feel like I didn't try hard enough! Why the hell didn't I use my phone to do it in the first place. I have bought tickets on the internet lots of times and never had a problem, but never for someone as legendary as Elton John, I have to admit, I was pissed. I decorated my house with some very colorful language while cursing everything from the internet to the metra to ol' EJ himself. And yes I was swearing in front of my mom, a lot, but I have a bad potty mouth, so even though she doesn't like it, she's used to it, if a person can get used to that sort of thing! I don't even know what to say to John when I tell him, I feel so stinkin' bad. I suppose I can try to get them off of ebay or something, but I don't feel like it's worth paying superbowl prices for tickets to see a concert! (Unless it's Slipknot, that would be so worth it!!!!) So now I feel like I need to redeem myself somehow, I'm still working on that, but I will find a way to make this right!!! I love him too much not to!
So on to Ebin's race. Talk about fun, it's so great to see all of the work that those kids (and their parents, or in our case grandparents!) put into those cars, and they get so excited, it really is great! I'm so proud of Ebin, he took 3rd in one race and 1st in one race. He wasn't in the top 3, but he really did great, and, to his credit, he took it really well! He has a hard time not being first, or the winner, and this time he was just happy that he placed well in one race! What a great kid he is, I'm so lucky! Sometimes I have to remind myself of that, but in the grand scheme of things, I know. These boys are so vastly different, but they all bring some really great things to the table, and even if they drive me nuts, they really are incredible.
That leads me to lastnight, my mom and I decided to go to dinner, and then see a movie, which started at 7. At the restaurant we were seated next to a family that had 4 small kids, and they were so cute, and well behaved, what a really nice family. It made me think about how great my kids are when we go places, I am told all the time that they are polite, it makes me feel great, and it's true, they are really cool kids. It made me miss them, so instead of going to a movie we decided to pick the kids up and have a movie night at home, make some snacks and let the boys sleep in the livingroom with Gramma, it was a blast! For as much as I wanted that time away, there is really nothing better than seeing my family happy. So, for today, I'm going to strive to have a more positive attitude about how I spend my time, and I'm sure I will need a break every now and then, but I'm the only person here who can make everything good. I mean look at that face.... who can possibly not want to be around that!

No comments:

Post a Comment