Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 22: So ready for Monday...

I know! Don't hit me! It's not what you think!!! These boys are home for the next 5 days, yep, a 5 day weekend. This can be a really good thing, or a really bad thing, depending on how you look at it. Right now, I think it's good, they have been cooperative and they are getting along well, so hopefully we can keep this trend up. For the most part they really are good kids, but, just like any brothers, they fight about everything! Everything from when they woke up in the morning to what shirt I will approve of to what color the damned sky is outside. They aren't so bad about tattling to me anymore, but they make a point to scold the other person loud enough for me to hear! Wyatt is the middle child, but the bigger (and in some ways more mature) brother, so he feels like it's his duty to be the boss. Ebin is the oldest, and feels like that title belongs to him. They are close enough in age that a lot of their personality traits are the same, but far enough apart that they are having different psycological growing pains. Even though Wyatt isn't the oldest in the house, he has always been the oldest cousin (his cousins in Missoula were the closest thing he had to siblings) and he has always been a very successful first born! Ebin's situation is similar in that he started as an only child, but when other kids were involved he was never the oldest. Now take both of these fantasic single children and throw them in the mix with a new step-parent, a new step-brother, and a new baby brother (who is the focus of most of the attention from everyone) and you have what could turn into a very sticky situation! I have to tell you I'm really proud of the way that they have managed to adjust to all of the newness. I know it's been a year and a half, but it hasn't been easy for either one, and they have both had to struggle with seperate issues. There could easily be a miriad of things for me to complain about, or worry about, and the only REAL issue I have is that they fight with eachother, just like any other siblings. And they don't even really get physical, they just bitch at eachother. Wow, here only a few minutes ago I was trying to stop myself from being worried about the weekend, and I have managed to talk myself out of it. They are great, well adjusted, very normal kids, and you know what? I couldn't be prouder. John comes home Monday, and I am going to make it the best 2 weeks ever, and I can only do it with the help of these boys! Weekends aren't so bad after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment