Monday, February 7, 2011

Days 12 & 13: Green Bay rules, Mother nature drools...

I skipped yesterday, just writing, but I skipped it because all I wanted to talk about was the Superbowl, and I was afraid that if I did I would gooch my team. By the time it was all over with, I was to busy dancing around the livingroom and fielding phonecalls to do anything about it! The Game was incredible, no way we could have asked for better, and for the first time in years, I can remember the whole game! Holy moly there's a miracle every day! Wyatt wasn't too impressed in the beginning, he was still coping with the fact that the Vikings didn't make it, and had a pretty bad attitude. He kept yelling at me for yelling at the tv, but after a few good minutes in his room his personality perked right up. He's a great kid, he just really has a hard time with not getting his way. It's pretty obvious this is an issue that I need to tackle with him, but I don't really know how. He's really got a strong will, and I don't really know how to make him bend. It kills me, I feel like I'm not doing right by him, and I wish there was some way to change his attitude, but he's on the fast track to acting like a teenager, which scares me even more. I had the same personality when I was his age, and I eventually grew out of it, but not before it got much worse. He is also angry inside because he doesn't get to see his dad as much as he would like. I feel guilty, like I don't do enough to make sure he does, like I completely ruined his life by moving him to Billings, even though I did it for the sake of Ebin. I don't have a lot of control over the situation, and I wish there was a way I could make it better for him, but I guess all I can do for now is make the best of it and try to help him. Anyhow, we watched the game, and we did a lot of cheering, and dancing, and yelling, it was a ball. Hooray Green Bay, it was a well deserved win! Now we're finished with football for the season, and I have months to wait for football. (assuming there is football next season) That means spring can't be too far off, right???
We've had such a roller coaster winter, it was nearly 60 degrees here one day last week, and below zero the next, and now it's dumping snow. I don't like it, if I could tell Mother Nature to shove it up her ass I would. There is so much snow right now, and it's freezing cold, and I have no motivation, it's really depressing! I'm nervous everytime I have to go somewhere, people in Billings drive like they are blind and there asses are on fire. No one knows how to use a damned turn signal, and 4 way stops and school zones are just there for looks, really you can do whatever you want. Anytime I see police they are just driving around talking on their phones, it's really great. I want to put a big sign on my car that says "You're driving like a jerk and I want to punch a hole in your neck." That would be great, then everyone could know, without a doubt that I hate them! Add snow to the mix, and all bets are off, these people have no problem parking however they want, and just driving like crap in general. Tailgating is not smart, but in Billings that's what you do, it's a good thing I know how to drive, otherwise I would probably be dead right now! I know, the answer is just don't go anywhere, but it's never that easy! I can't make the kids walk in this kind of weather, it's just mean. If we lived anywhere else we probably wouldn't even have school, but I'm glad we do, I need time off from the boys! So I guess I will tough it out, but at least I have something good to bitch about!!!
Now I need to get some dinner in these boys, and continue to bask in the glow of that awesome superbowl win!

No comments:

Post a Comment