Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 26 & 27: My motivator returns...

Ok, ok, so I know I missed yesterday, I decided to take the day off. I really truly just had nothing to report, well except that I spent a lot of the weekend playing guitar hero... which we already knew! I made dinner for a friend, and just hung out with the kids! Boring boring boring, but I'm finding out more and more that I don't mind bored, bored means things are going okay, and although I may think I don't have anything to do, there is always playing with the kids. I'm stuck at an impasse losing weight, and yesterday I ate a ton of crap that I shouldn't have.... Ok, alright fine, maybe I didn't write because I felt guilty, and when I woke up at 3 A.M. with terrible heartburn I knew why. Fried food is no longer my friend... not even a little bit! I should have just gone with my first instinct and baked some fish! Oh well, you live, you learn. (That's right Alanis, not everyone has forgotten about you... ha ha!)
So tonight John will be home! I'm so happy that I haven't been able to sit still all day. Of course that means that it was time for the motor to burn out on my wash machine. I know what you're thinking, How in the world could this girl possibly know what's wrong with her wash machine? Ok, I don't, you are right, but let me tell you why I have this theory. I could smell burning and all the wash machine was doing was clicking and humming, so that's what I guessed. The damn thing is probably somewhere near 1000 years old, and I'm honestly not sure how it has managed to stick it out this long! So that means that one of the fun activities that we get to plan is buying and installing a washer. Great, exciting, fun, whoooooo! We also get to sign up for the gym tomorrow. I've let myself get into a mini rut, and having John here is just what I need to be motivated, he's been working out almost everyday, and I can't have him beat me at reaching goals... I'm kidding, I'm really proud of the work he's done, and I really want to be able to keep up. The only way I can do that is to workout with him and really get myself into the routine. I also made kind of a wager with my buddy Tiffany for the month of March to see who can burn the most calories and bank hours working out. I'm excited, I really need the motivation, and I think I can do it, but we decided to because we both need kind of a kick in the pants. It's so cool to realize that you can find motivation almost anywhere. My kids, my husband, good friends, it's all really great, and I can't imagine not having them around. So many people have encouraged me, and offered a shoulder, and I am forever greatful. So here's a thought, if you would like, get in on the bet, March isn't that far off, and spring is coming, let's all get moving together. If you decide you want to join in, cool. Allow me to explain the challenge: Start with changing how you eat. You know what is healthy for you, try adding in veggies and fruit to each meal, whole grains, and eat your veggies first. Then get moving. I'm going to keep track of hours and calories, because that's what Tiffany and I had decided. You should let me know if you are interested, we have some fun ideas, and I think that joining in would make it even more fun! Now I need to get up and get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment