Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 9: Lesson learned... I hope...

So I've spent so many years not sleeping well, that now that I'm sleeping better, real lack of sleep kind of turns my day to mush. I had to have a sleep deprivation test today, and lastnight I was only allowed 4 hours of sleep, without help, which really turned into about 2 and a half hours. By the time I woke up this morning at 4 am I was ready to call the office and tell them where they could put those electrodes. I got my poor boys ready for school, and not in a very nice way, and away they went. I had zero desire to do any of the fun exercise activities I've been doing in the morning, but to my credit I tried. I only did about half of what I do every other day, but I gave it a try. I flipped on a horror movie, and sat on the couch with Logan (who doesn't seem too thrilled about being awake either) and vegged, sort of. Ooooooh how I love scary movies. It's like my own personal form of crack. If I didn't have the bigger boys around I could watch them all day, every day. I love zombies, slashers, oh I like it all. It's probably not right how much I like them, I'm counting down to Halloween, already planning my costume, and all I will probably do is hang out with the kids!!! My point here is that I have found a new way to kill time, and the movies play a pretty big role. When I am that involved in a movie it's really easy for me to walk in place and watch it, so at least I'm not so much a couch potato anymore, more like a walking potato... if that makes any sense....
Speaking of potatoes, that leads me to my very naughty slip up today.... I went to McDonalds for lunch! I had a burger and fries, I've only been on the diet for a little more than a week and I already jumped ship!!! Oh, don't get me wrong, it tasted alright, but now I feel like my tongue is coated in wax, and my gut is filled, not with good food like it should, but its filled with something akin to a sock full of quarters... I feel like barfing. The lesson to myself here is that I should always listen to nutritional advice, when someone in the know (in this case MTV...) says that your body can change how it feels about food in a matter of days, I should listen. I knew before I even pulled in the drive thru that it would be a bad idea. I have a headache... why the hell do I have a headache???? McBarfy's has never given me a headache in the past, at least that I remember... Oh man, yuck. This was a good lesson for me, I don't know if I'll ever be able to look at fast food the same, even being so tired this morning I didn't feel this dumpy. Note to self: Fast food is crap, you are better off sticking with what you have been doing this last week!
In my fat-hangover state, I'm still really proud to announce, my starting weight was 225 a little over a week ago, I am currently sitting at 218! And I am down to less than one can of soda a day!!! I really feel great about it, and I guess that's probably why I let myself get the lunch I had, my reward for losing some weight... fat... *face palm*. Okay, so my goal for tomorrow is work harder, video tape Logan exercising, eat no more garbage, and prepare for the Super Bowl!!!! GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment