Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 8: Who needs to travel? New Jersey's on TV all day...

   I realize that trends are something we generate all the time, we had Cabbage Patch Kids, Ninja Turtles, Tickle Me Elmo, a couple of years ago it was Twilight, and now we have New Jersey. Wow, I can honestly say that the only time I have ever considered going there was when I heard Kevin Smith opened a comic book store, now I can't get away from it! I know that episode of South Park was on a while back, and boy did it hit the nail on the head. I don't even watch that shit and my kids know more about the Jersey Shore than they know about things happening in their own town. Now that I think about it, when are we going to have the sitcom about juiced up vampires who go to the Jersey Shore to blend in with all of the new tourists that are making a pilgrimage there to try to catch the elusive snooki. The vampires will stand out because they can't tan, so they open their own spray tan salon, and oooooh the hilarious adventures that will follow.... BARF. For cable I pay good money that John works very hard for to find that 9 days out of 7 there isn't shit on 9 billion channels... HOORAY FOR ON DEMAND!!!  I know, I know, what a stupid thing to bitch about, but I have been a couch potato for so long, I have made tv my bestie. I have a love affair with the box with pretty flashing colors. A love affair that I am currently trying very hard to break! If it wasn't so cold I could go for a walk, but as I have mentioned, I am a big fat baby that can't handle cold!!! At least there is music, that's good, and I have made a new friend with Denise Austin and her On Demand aerobics programming. I'm reserving my MTV time for I Used to be Fat, and that is all!!!
   Speaking of Denise Austin, she must be like that mom that wakes up at 4 am, hops out of bed, and moves and shakes with her kids and all of her business dealings and never gets upset or demotivated!!! I have spent 14 fast paced minutes with her the last 2 days, and you know what I think??? She has no soul! I am drawn in by her promise of getting fit, and I turn her on, and I never hear her say "you know Jamie, this is going to hurt you more than it hurts me". It's pain ... so much pain... and yet I can't stop, I want to go buy her dvd's and books and equipment. She is officially the new owner of all of my pain receptors. 14 minutes... that's it, and I have to be honest, I like it. I feel better now than I did a little over a week ago, and if I feel better after losing only a few pounds, how will I feel in a couple weeks when John comes home and I've lost a little more and I'm more active? I think it's going to be amazing. He's been working out longer than me, and I'm excited to be able to work out with him. Last time he was home, I didn't even watch, I just went about my day and didn't bother with it. I am the most supportive wife ever... yeeeeesh. I doubt he will want to do aerobics with me, but Denise is a blondy, so who knows, could be in the cards!!!  Logan likes her! I can promise you, if you have never seen an 18 month old doing aerobics, it is so worth it! Maybe tomorrow I'll take the camera out and finally figure out how to post stuff on this thing other than my silly words.  He loves the aerobics, he tries the best way he can, and it is really cute, and oddly helpful in the motivation department.
   Have I mentioned that I'm a smoker?  Yep, I started when I was 18, and working in a restaurant, it was the only way you got your breaks, so I did it. I have never been a heavy smoker, at my worst maybe 4-5 a day, unless I'm drinking, then all bets are off. I had no problem quiting with both of my pregnancies, but I have always gone back. At 31, I'm definately feeling the effects of those few smokes a day, especially while I'm trying to exercise. I haven't had one in 10 days. Which is the longest I've gone since I stopped breastfeeding, and I just keep telling myself that if I want to be in better shape that is the only way I can. I don't really remember ever seeing an athlete smoke.... I am no athlete, but if I plan on being Denise's buddy I think it's the only way I can keep up!!! OOOOH HOW I MISS YOU, MY CANCER CAUSING FRIEND!
   I know I keep talking about all of these things I'm quiting. I have no problem with drinking in general, and I don't want to pretend that I'm actually done with it, all I really want to do is get a handle on the way I do it, and be able to drink in a social situation and not be the drunk girl. I'm going to go to Butte for St. Pat's day, and I gotta tell ya, I don't know what's gonna happen! I'm so excited though, it will be so nice to go somewhere and be out, minus kids, and be able to just relax with my cousins, and adults and a giant amount of underage kids... Oh boy, I'm going to need to remind myself not to let that catty thing come out. The last time I went to Butte for the best holiday ever, I was 19, so who knows what kind of trouble my older, wiser, mouthier self could get in to. Perhaps I will be the driver, I think I can be much safer that way.  The reason that I worry is... Jersey Shore.... All of those little monsters out partying watch that crap, and they are trying to emulate it, and I really don't want to have to take my kids to school on Monday with a black eye, or conversely come home with a record for getting in my first fight ever. (that's right, some Anaconda girls didn't fight!!!)  I'm really going to have to think this one through!!! Green shirt's, green beers, big green poofy hair, and me... I am planning one drink for that day though, I sort of had a tradition with my friend. We would go to the bar down the street from her family's flower shop and pick up a Christian Brother's ditch and a couple drinks for ourselves and bring the drink to her gramma at the shop. This year I will drink one for her.  She is very missed. Someday I will tell you why I know that a fart in church goes over surprisingly well, and how it ties in to the drink and the person who inspired it, but that's for another day. For now, I need to get up, get some lunch, and keep moving! Happy Hump day!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the drink for my Gramma Loretta and I can't wait to hear how a fart goes over in church surprisingly well and how that relates to Gram. Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete